Sunday 9 January 2011

to markt, to markt.





I decided I should complete the bakery experience by selling the bread. I wanted to watch and see if they are as torn as I am at the choices available. And handling the baked bread is always nice. 

So on Christmas eve, I went along with Hager Momma at 3:30 in morning. We went into the bakery, loaded up the van for a few rounds of delivery, then went back to the bakery to load up the market stands, crates and crates of bread, the big bread knife and everything else we needed. We got to the market by 6, set up shop in half and hour and by 6:30, even before the sun was up, there were people streaming in with baskets to buy some bread.

We were sold out by 11. People were buying lots and stocking up for the holidays ahead, they were feeling festive. So were all the people from the other stalls. When we finished, we were given a chunk of cheese from the cheese lady and a big plate of Christmas cookies from the cookie lady.

In some unplanned way, I think I picked the nicest day to do a hard day's work of lugging bread and everything else.

Lucky.

stat counter