Thursday 27 January 2011

fewer pictures, more conversations.


I took far less pictures of the bread in Roscioli than anywhere else. Partly because the light in the bread section wasn't that great and also partly because things move so quickly in the tight space with 4 of us being there, there was little chance. I think the best pictures of the bread were the ones I took home for lunch.
The entirety of the bread section.
Renato.
What I did have a lot of are conversations with Renato, the head baker and taught me little things like how to stand and how to round that both saved me a lot of energy.

Me and my half Italian managed to understand quite a few things - like how he goes running after finishing an overnight 9 hour shift, his mom is Jewish and she can make torta and all the sweets just like they do in the burnt bakery, they used to live directly upstairs from it for many years, has a 4 year old daughter Nicole and is into photography. Really into photography. Taught himself how to and loves it because it fills him with positivity and sets his mind free. His words.

 prove4

_E3G0024

eur4

stefo0009

Now I just need to find a way to get him the lens he is desperately after.

It's the least I can do.

stat counter