Sunday 9 January 2011

christmas tree in the forest.


Bernhard and I went for a walk. It was only 5 in the evening but pitch dark outside. I wanted to take a torch. It's nicer with a lantern, Bernhard said. So that's what we did. We walked around the village, across fields of snow and cut through the forest.

When we were in the forest, we stopped in front of a small fir tree. I thought Bernhard was going to tell me something about the wood, as he often did. Instead he took these out from his jacket. They were sparklers with a little hook at the end. He hung some on the tree and lit them.

Where did you get these?
Momma gave them to me before we left the house. She thought it will be nice.

In the dark forest , it looked beautiful. For 20 seconds we had our very own bright and pretty Christmas tree, and not with a single volt of electricity. The biggest Christmas tree with a million fairy lights could not beat the simplicity of this. 

stat counter