Sunday 9 January 2011

snowy mountain.

 

In Singapore, it is common for parents to toss their toddlers into the swimming pool to get them to swim. In Austria, they throw them to the mountains. At least, this is what happened in the Hager family.

The kids learn how to hike up mountains before the diapers come off. Now, there is no shortage of hiking or outdoor equipment in the house. We loaded up the car one day and went up one of the many mountains around. Going up was icy, slippery and tough. I was, of course, the last in the trail. Lucky for me this wasn't a race.

Going down the slope on our backs was a lot more fun. I got snow up my back, in my pants, gloves, face and everywhere possible but well worth the wet and cold.

Taking a break when we reached the top.
A good reason to load up on more Christmas cookies.

stat counter