Saturday 30 October 2010

i ate and i prayed.


One of the things I was determined to try despite the annoying egg allergy is pudding. All sorts of biscuits, cookies, tarts, cakes and fools. I have spent the past 3 months in a country with a very sweet tooth, only to not be able to eat any of it.

So I decided it was time to have some, whatever the consequences. I had my meds, I was prepared. I was at a huge festival, there was no way I was going to miss out.

And then I spotted this in the festival programme :

Pudding Tasting at Ludlow's Methodist Church on Broad Street. 
Just £2 gets you a portion of four puddings from a choice exceeding 300.


I would be going from a position of having absolutely no choice to a choice of 300! It was exactly what I needed to help me plunge right in without burning a hole right through.

The thought itself drove me insane. There were 2 possible outcomes : At best, I could either happily eat away and get as close to 300 without feeling pain or regret. At the very worst, I would have to stop after the first bite.

It was quite apt the tasting took place in a church. After I made my choice, I sat down on a pew with my plate. I ate and I ate and I prayed and I prayed.

And I was fine but there was no way I could go back for anymore. I was out at 4.

Raspberry mousse, cheesecake, pear and chocolate tart and something else I don't remember.
I was deliriously by then.

stat counter