Thursday 28 October 2010

for pie and jelly.


Seems a bit crazy but I trekked across from Parma, Italy back to Norwich for one dinner and I wasn't even eating it.

It was a dinner we were cooking for all the celebrity chefs, food editors and journos during the Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival.

There were 3 courses. The starter was a salad of smoked haddock, apple, leaves, vinegrette and creme fraiche - no pictures cos I've done this loads of times. What I came back for was the main, which was a take on Desperate Dan's pie and dessert.

Sam slow cooked the beef, hallowed out the marrow from the bone which I then put lumps of into the stew.
They are the white lumps that don't look like oysters.
And then we put 4 oysters into each pie, one for each serving.  

Suet pastry and eggwash.


Big dinner sized pies. Serves 4.

Dessert - jelly made in sandcastle moulds with gold flakes.

Icing sugar dusted around the sides.

stat counter