Tuesday 14 December 2010

oi, that's really good.

My two new favourite oils at the moment.


Now that I have tasted pumpkin seed oil from Styria, I can't get enough of it. It amazes me how extremely nutty it tastes and smells. It's so intense, you'd hardly expect for it to come out of something orange in colour or out of something seed-like. 


The colour is a deep green, known to stain hands and clothes. But for something that tastes so good and is so unknown, I'd proudly wear the stains.


The other is hazelnut oil. If you can, get your hands on pure versions of both to taste the real deal at least once. And then you'd be hooked forever. Trust me, salad dressings are never ever going to be the same.

I guess you can say the Austrians are a bit nutty about their oils and quietly enjoying their little secret whilst the rest of the world is still stuck on extra virgin olive oil. I've been trying oils from various brands for comparison and I have a couple of secrets myself as to where the best ones come from.

Seriously, go for an oil change and go nuts.

stat counter