Wednesday 17 November 2010

la casa vecchia.

This is the B&B I stayed in.

They were very nice to me and I have been, once again, too lucky.

Vendemmia (grape harvest) is over, I had just missed it.
After chatting to the lady who owns from the B&B for a bit, she appeared with this for me to try.
Lucky.
The view from the lawn.
I arrived on a Tuesday. Santo Stefano is so small there is only a pizzeria for meals and they close on Tuesdays.
I thought I was smart to have filled up at the tavern earlier in the day and would last through the night with no dinner. At about 7, there was a knock on my door. The B&B lady brought me this from her own home.
It was the kind of prosciutto pannino I make for myself - instead of a paper thin layer of it, mine is usually about a chapter thick. Lucky.

Settling in after trekking my way back from the tavern.
A cold bottle of prosecco would have been nicely chilled and waiting for me to start the evening.
Lucky again.
The view right after sunset.
Dinner. Not exactly a poor.
Food served during the prosecco tasting session.
Pickled onions and Venetian raddichio.

This is what fresh Venetian Radichio looks like.

stat counter