Sunday 1 August 2010

pulling back just in time.

When life is turned upside down, when old values and ways cease to exist, when everything is different, for better or for worse, it is time to be afraid. Be very afraid.

In retrospect, it was a good rather than sad thing that the secret hideaway getaway rave ended when it did. Here are 10 possibilities of how it could have all changed for me :

1. I could have joined a commune and fully adopted its way of life.

...only, I'd prefer to have done it from somewhere closer up the waterfront.

2. Of course there will be no room in my the tent to fit a bar or a lounge room. The proper way is to have an open top double-decker bus parked outside.

It's recycled, it doesn't look ugly, the neighbours approve, lots more people can come around. Share and share alike, for it is not about the Me but We.

3. Costume dressing and everyday wear started to mean the same thing.

4. I would have developed a false sense of how many happy beautiful people there truly are in the world.

5. Stunt planes and pyrotechnics would have become daily entertainment rather than the evening news or Whoever's Got Talent.

6. Jumping on a plane and having a quick whirl was equivalent to taking a brisk walk around the neighbourhood.

7. Crusty hands were becoming normal and acceptable. So were other body parts.

8. This could have been my mantra and response to everything, no exceptions. Love does conquer all. Don't anybody tell me any different.

9. This could have been tattooed on my butt. 

10. Instead of the little tyke I am commonly mistaken for, I could have been correctly labelled as 'The Little Pike'.

The truth is, the weekend was probably the coolest thing I have done and the best organised rave I have ever been to. But I can't say much more about where it was and what is called since it has been deliberately kept a secret for the last 17 years or so. Even though quite a few thousand people show up for it, there is nothing on the internet about it at all, which in itself s quite unbelievable in this bare all age.

Hats off.

stat counter